searching patterns including sek. structures

Steve & Rowan Gardner steve at
Mon Oct 10 13:37:07 EST 1994

In article: <1994Oct4.130524.146 at>  HAESS at IMMUNBIO.MPG.DE (Gunther H) writes:
> Hi netters
> I'm searching for an amino-acid pattern searching program that includes
> the secondary structere in the pattern. It should be able to find,
> for example, a pattern of amino-acid on one side of an alpha helix
> or in an angle of 90 degrees in the horizontal cut around one special
> amino-acid.
> Does anybody know about a program which could perform such things?
> Please answer to
> haess at

One package that will do the query above is Iditis.  Iditis is a relational
database of protein structure containing 500 fields of protein structure
data derived from the PDB.  The database can be queried using a graphical
interface.  Iditis was written (by myself) in Prof. Janet Thornton's lab
and is now distributed through Oxford Molecular.

Steve Gardner

steve at