Curve fitting for Mac?
peterl at umdix.umdc.umu.se
Wed Oct 12 10:09:28 EST 1994
* Perhaps you should try MacCurveFit? Available by ftp. Shareware I
* A commercial (inexpensive) program is Regression which works nicely
for fitting anything to anything.
* When you have your equation you just enter it in Cricket Graph III
(double click on the column head and enter the equation). You don't
have to use a Basic program. Then plot the graph on top of your data
points. I suppose you could also use Cricket Graph III for a simple
'visual' fit using the same method, but modifying the parameters in
equation as you desire.
* Spreadsheets like Excel are handy sometimes and can even be used for
regressions (in some laborious way).
* In DeltaGraph (commercial) you can enter just about any equation for
fitting curves to data by a least-square method I think. (Some people
may like DeltaGraph in spite of it's flashy graphics...)
Well, just my 2 oere.
O==O ================================== O==O
O==O Peter Lundberg O==O
O==O Email: peterl at umdix.umdc.umu.se O==O
O==O ============761.91141============= O==O
More information about the Bio-soft