Software to detect linkage disequil.?

David MacHugh dmachugh at mail.tcd.ie
Thu Oct 13 09:20:03 EST 1994

Hi,

Is anybody of aware of a program that provides statistical analysis of
allelic association (linkage or gametic disequilibrium) between multialleic
genetic markers for population data? A program capable of generating random
reshuffled bilocus genotypic distributions would be particularly desirable.
This would create a synthetic distribution to compare the observed data
with and would allow meaningful statistical assessment of populations with
small sample sizes (approx. 50 individuals).
We have data from a large number of microsatellites typed in 20
populations, hence source code would be useful as we could then port it to
a DEC alpha to cut down the runtime.

I would try a develop a program myself except that I am trying to finish my
PhD thesis and I can't write a line of code ;-)

Thanks in advance for your help.

    *         (__)  David MacHugh,        E-mail: dmachugh at mail.tcd.ie  *
    *         (@*)  Bovine Genetics,      Phone:  (353)-1-7021088       *
    *  /-------\u'  Genetics Department,  Fax:    (353)-1-6798558       *
    * / |     ||    Trinity College,                                    *
    *   ||----||    Dublin 2.                                           *
    *   ^^    ^^    Ireland.                                            *