Prices of Available Software?

Keith Robison robison at
Sat Oct 15 09:27:24 EST 1994

flying finger (jlasky at wrote:
:   I am the Co-chair of SIGBio which is a special interest group
: in for computer applications in biology.  We are associated with
: a larger organization, ACM (Association for Computing Machinery).
: We are applying for funds from the University of Illinois at C/U's
: student resource fund and I was wondering if someone might be able
: to give me a QUICK list of software including price, maker, and
: short description.

Here were some packages which came straight to my mind :-)

Software				Maker			Cost
Genetic Data Environment (GDE)		Steve Smith		FREE
Entrez					NCBI			FREE
Mosaic					NCSA			FREE
ClustalW				Des Higgins		FREE
DNA Workbench				James Tisdall		FREE
FASTA					William Pearson		FREE

Hope these don't break your bank account.

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Genetics / HHMI

robison at