Software for comparing sequence homology from GenBank server?

Jason L. Buberel jbuberel at
Mon Oct 31 12:04:15 EST 1994

Could someone please let me know if there is a simple (straighforward) way
to ask GenBank (or a similar service) to compare sequence homology for me
if I give it the names of several related genes (or same gene between
different species).  We are trying to find conserved areas among the
cytochrome enzyme genes.  We have played with the GenBank web site, but
have not figured out how to do this.  Others have assured me that it is

thanks for the help,

Jason L. Buberel - University of Illinois - jbuberel at