Newsreader for Mac

Julian Parkhill J.Parkhill at
Wed Sep 7 10:50:26 EST 1994

In article <34jv0c$904 at>,
fojan at (Peter Fojan) wrote:

> Hi folks,
> Is there somewhere in the net a newsreader for Macintosh available. I would be
> interested to get one preferred pd or shareware. Is there a site where I could
> find this program?
> Thanxx for the info,
>                        Peter

The best newsreader I have found is Newswatcher. Current version 2.0b9 is
available by anon FTP at

It is a threaded newsreader, with a host of wonderful additional functions.
As an example: If you were reading this with Newswatcher, you could
double-click on the URL above, and it would automatically launch Fetch to
retrieve the file for you.

          Julian Parkhill   -   J.Parkhill at
   CRC Laboratories, Dept. of Cancer Studies, Medical School,
 University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TJ, U.K.
Disclaimer: If I thought anybody gave a damn about my opinions....