Mapmaker and RI data

LAWRENCE A RODRIQUEZ lar11 at wilbur.cac.psu.edu
Thu Sep 8 11:27:16 EST 1994

I've had no success in obtaining an answer from the Mapmaker folks, so
I thought I'd check here as to whether Mapmaker/Exp 3.0 applies an
adjustment for recombinant inbred strain data so that the recombination
distances generated would be comparable to a consensus mouse map.
There appears to be some sort of adjustment made when I scanned the C code
for the program (in the MAPS.C file).  But since I'm not familiar with C, I
can't say for sure.  There's nothing in the manual about this.

Thanks for any help.

--Larry
Center for Developmental and Health Genetics
Penn State University