repetititves sequences

Martin Kennedy mkennedy at chmeds.ac.nz
Tue Sep 13 21:20:44 EST 1994

In article <352jcf$b2d at canopus.cc.umanitoba.ca>, frist at cc.umanitoba.ca (Brian Fristensky) writes:
> In article BBE05D8A901FE00467 at vxircm.IRCM.UMontreal.CA, JOHANNE at IRCM.UMontreal.CA () writes:
>> I am looking for a databases of repetitives sequences like Alu family
>> from eukaryotes. I looked in the previous articles of Usenet group and
>> I found two alternatives:

What about Pythia? Some ino follows:

PYTHIA version 1.5.1 (pythia at anl.gov)
server for identification of human repetitive DNA

Aleksandar Milosavljevic               Jerzy Jurka
Genome Structure Group                 Linus Pauling Institute
Argonne Nat'l Lab, Bldg. 202           440 Page Mill Rd.
Argonne, Illinois 60439-4833           Palo Alto, California, 94306
(708) 252 7860                         (415) 327 4064
milosav at anl.gov                        jurka at jmullins.stanford.edu

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE SERVICES:

(1) Identification of occurrences of repetitive DNA elements
(2) Identification of subfamily membership of Alu sequences
(3) Identification of simple DNA regions

To request service, put a single word describing the request ("Rpts"
for service (1), "Alu" for service (2), and "Smpl" for service (3))
in the "Subject"-line of your message to Pythia at "pythia at anl.gov".

--
Cheers,

Martin

	      Phone (64-3)364-0880  Fax (64-3)364-0750