Recommend scientific graphing packages for Windows and Mac?

Genelabs hallberg at netcom.com
Fri Sep 30 09:46:32 EST 1994

James Petts (pettsj at visigoth.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: We are looking to more or less standardise on graphing package, mainly for
: biological data (enzyme assay results, ligand binding, cell proliferation
: etc.) and I was wondering what programs people would recommend. I have
: heard of FigP for windows, and DelteGraph Pro and Kaleidagraph for the
: Mac. Does anybody have any suggestions?

James,

Depending on your exact needs, you may want to check out the graphing
features of Excel 5. They've made many improvements to the graphing module
that are pretty useful for technical graphics, such as customizable error
bars, easy regression lines, and so forth. Plus, since many folks do their
data analysis in Excel, it's one less step to have to use a seperate
package.

Regards,
Bruce