File Compression Software

Harry Mangalam mangalam at
Sun Apr 2 12:01:07 EST 1995

In article <3ljqbu$3gi at>,
mongelar at (Mongelard Fabien) wrote:

> I'm using the UNIX 'pack' command (Huffman coding) to minimize the size
> of my image files on a SGI workstation.
> Does anybody here know about a MS-DOS software able to handle packed
> files ?

NO, but why not just use the copylefted zip/unzip, gzip, or even compress
- these all have freeware relatives that run on DOS.  Or just use a
compressed image format (compressed TIFF, GIF, JPEG)?
Harry J Mangalam, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, UC Irvine,
      Irvine, CA, 92717, (714) 824-4824, fax (714) 824 8598
                 --- knowledge is fractal ---
  Computational Biology..SGI..Woodworking..Bicycling..Linux..WWW