Sequence database growth???

Keith Robinson keith at bones.biochem.ualberta.ca
Thu Apr 13 14:27:08 EST 1995

In article <1995Apr9.155936.8313 at nomina.lu.se>, Bo Servenius
<bo.servenius at wblab.lu.se> wrote:

> Dear Netters:
>
> Is there a site where I can find up to date statistics about EMBL,
> Genbank,
> SwissProt etc databases and their growth over the years. Nicest would
> be a prepared graph but tabled statistics could do.

Here's the values from a table I created for a departmental
newsletter I wrote last month:

Year  GenBank   PIR  SWISS-PROT
1982     606    693    693
1983    2427   1387   1387
1984    4393   2550   2550
1985    5700   2550   2550
1986    9978   3150   4160
1987   15465   6600   6102
1988   21248  10020   8702
1989   31229  14100  13837
1990   41057  25800  20024
1991   58952  34800  22654
1992   97084  44000  28154
1993  150744  61248  36000
1994  237775  72000  40300

The numbers are approximate - I only wanted to show the general
trend. I can mail a PICT of this to interested parties.

Another graph can be found in the latest GCG Newsletter (vol 2, no. 1).
You can view it by pointing your www browser at:

 http://www.gcg.com

Keith

--
 Keith Robinson                   The University of Alberta
 keith at bones.biochem.ualberta.ca  Edmonton, Alberta Canada