Massive multiple alignment

Geoff Barton gjb at
Wed Apr 19 07:23:44 EST 1995

|> In article <1995Apr11.104221.1265 at>,
|> przemko at (Przemko) writes:
|>    I would like to do multiple sequence alignements on samples that
|>    have couple
|>    thousands seqs. Let's say all transmembrane domains or all AUG
|>    contexts.

You could try AMPS - see our Web site to see how to get a copy.  The standard
distribution is limited to 500 sequences, but there are instructions on how
to recomplile for longer/more sequences.  We've used it for up to around
800 sequences, but there is no reason I can think of that it should not
work for over 1000 sequences.

Geoff. Barton

Geoffrey J. Barton
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, University of Oxford
Rex Richards Building, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, U.K.

email:  gjb at    Telephone: +44 1865 275368  Fax: +44 1865 510454
anonymous-ftp:             WWW:

Geoff Barton