Papyrus literature database

David L. Haviland, Ph.D. HAVILAND at KIDS.WUSTL.EDU
Fri Apr 21 12:37:35 EST 1995

In <D7A7H8.CwH at sci.kun.nl> theos at sci.kun.nl writes:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> I recently heard someone mention "Papyrus" as a valuable database system
> for managing one's literature references.
> Is anyone out there familiar with this software? How does it compare to
> other databases? Is there a try-out version available? If not, where can
> info be obtained concerning the distributors?

Theo:

To my knowledge, there is no demo version of Papyrus around.  Papyrus is
without question the best value for the money.  $99 (U.S.) gets you a
complete package without the need of having to buy extra "modules".  Dave
Goldman who wrote the program can be contacted at rsd at teleport.com.  This
complete package will import and export your references in a wide variety
of formats.

Personally, I first tried Endnote and found it very awkward to use on the
PC.  I was using it within Windows in conjuction with WPerf 5.1 and very
often incomplete references were transferred.  I wrapped it back up and
sent it back.  I bought Papyrus and have never looked back.  I've tried no
other reference managers.

Hope this helps (usual disclaimers apply)
David