Vector Databases

Herve Recipon recipon at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Wed Apr 26 13:36:43 EST 1995

Aengus,

I believe I can respond to your questions.

!>What are the current release versions?

The NCBI vector database was updated last Feb 3rd 1995.

!>How often are they updated?

Since this database is used on a daily basis to check the possible
contamination in the direct sequence submission to GenBank, the goal
of this db is not to have the most complete collection of vector
sequences but to have a db that give a clearest and non ambiguous answer
in a blast search. For that purpose, we have removed as much as we
can the redundancy without altering this blast search response.
This db is therefore only updated with new vectors sequences that
will improve the screening. And there is no schedule time for those
updates.
In article 7v0 at is.bbsrc.ac.uk, Aengus Stewart <Aengus.Stewart at bbsrc.ac.uk> writes:

---

Sincerely,

--
Herve RECIPON, PhD.
\__/\__/\__/\               recipon at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
                            1 / (301) 496-2475

For more details and advice on using BLAST programs send an e-mail to
blast at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov with "help" (without the quotes) in the body of
the message to obtain the help file or read the BLAST Notebook, using a
WWW browser program to : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Recipon/index.html