Kodak Photo-CD on the SUN

Bruce K. Kirchoff kirchoff at goodall.uncg.edu
Tue Aug 1 12:56:10 EST 1995

	I am looking for a program that will allow me to read and convert images from a
Kodak Photo-CD.  We have a SUN Spark Station 5 running Solaris 2.3 (=5.3).  I want to import
the images into Photoshop on the SUN.  Neither Kodak nor Adobe make software that will
read a Photo-CD on the SUN.  Amazing but apparantly true.  SUN says that IMAGE TOOL will
read the CD at most (but not all) resolutions.  I have not tried this yet.  I would greatly
appreciate learning if anyone has any experience with Photo-CD's on the SUN.

	Thanks!

Bruce Kirchoff
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
kirchoff at goodall.uncg.edu