Nearest Neightbor Analysis

Joe Felsenstein joe at
Wed Aug 2 01:15:46 EST 1995

In article <gosink-0108951630150001 at>,
John Gosink <gosink at> wrote:
>In article <bmecham-3007952127390001 at>,
>bmecham at (Robert Mecham) wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a Mac program for doing nearest neighbor analysis
>> from a protein sequence?
>Try Joe Felsenstein's PHYLIP package.

Nope, sorry, PHYLIP doesn't do anything like nearest neighbor analysis,
assuming that by that you mean analysis of neighboring positions in the
sequence.  Mecham was not, I think, asking about phylogenies.

Joe Felsenstein         joe at     (IP No.
 Dept. of Genetics, Univ. of Washington, Box 357360, Seattle, WA 98195-7360