e-mail software

Don Chen chend at ucs.orst.edu
Tue Aug 1 11:50:43 EST 1995

This may not be the best place to ask, so tell me if this is the case.
I would like to know from others which Windows-Winsock e-mail software
is available as either freeware or shareware.  My present reader is
Eudora, but I have problems enough with that I would like to view
others before spending any money or more time.  If the software is not
crippled, as is this Eudora demo, I would greatly appreciate it.

I would like to see some mail readers that have the functionality of
the new newsreader I recently downloaded, Forte's Free Agent.  It is
as good of a newsreader as I have used and rationally organized.  One
feature which I wish my mail reader had is the ability to retrieve
*again* a piece of mail (article in news) which has been cut off
because the server decides to drop the connection.  As it stands now,
if it is dropped, I need to use my standard unix-type access to read
the mail.

Thanks for any help.

Don

Disclaimer:  I don't have any connection to either Eudora or Forte and
the comments are purely my own and do not reflect the opinions of
anyone else.
Sleeping we image what awake we wish,
         Dogs dream of bones, fishermen of fish. - Theocritus
Impoundments are another way of saying,
    "Dam the rivers, damn the fish, and goddamn you."