New Journal Editor seeking application to help manage ....

Lee M. Silver LSILVER at MOLBIOL.PRINCETON.EDU
Tue Aug 8 12:14:44 EST 1995

Vera.Noest at vaxtbio.uu.se (Vera Noest) wrote:

> In article <GRANDCHA.12.001261C0 at cmu.unige.ch>, GRANDCHA at cmu.unige.ch
> says...
> >My boss has recently become the new editor of a journal.
> >To manage the lot I could make an application in a DBMS, but we are pressed
> >for time.
> >
> >Is there anyone who knows of a ready-made application that will help us
> keep
> >track of addresses, manuscripts, reviewers, editors, labels and the
> innumerous
> >dates for recalls and reminders ?

I may have what you want.  I am the editor of a journal called
Mammalian Genome, and I have developed a database that does all of
things that you need using the relational database program 4D First,
which can be purchased for $99. The relational database structure
is much better than FoxPro or other like it because you maintain
separate files for manuscripts, reviewers, reviews, etc.  If you
are interested, I can provide you with my application at no cost, but
you'll have to have a copy of 4D FIrst or Fourth Dimension.
Lee Silver
Department of Molecular Biology
PRinceton University
PRinceton, NJ 08544-1014