BMP Files

David Kirschtel dkirscht at moose.uvm.edu
Tue Aug 15 10:57:55 EST 1995

shawn_Dering at umich.edu wrote:
>To: All Netters

>    I was wondering if anyone knew where to find BMP files.   I'm looking for
>some nice and new BMP files for Windows 3.1. If anyone could point me in
>the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.  Being that I'm new to the
>net, I'm not very swift on getting the this big web.  Thanks in advance!!!

>Shawn_Dering at dsc.umich.edu

Most graphics files available on the net are usually stored in GIF or
JPEG/JPG format because both formats incorporate data compression making
them easier to store and transmit.  The way to get these files into BMP
(bit mapped) format is to use a graphics conversion/viewer/editor. On the
shareware side of things LView Pro is highly recommended.

The SIMTEL/OaklandU archive is a good place to find both Lview and graphics
files.

David Kirschtel               |
Dept. of Botany               |     What if the 'invisible hand' is
Univ. of Vermont              |
Burlington, VT 05405-0086     |         guided by myopic eyes.

tel   802.656.0429            |
email dkirscht at moose.uvm.edu  |