[Q] Arrangement of phospholipids in a membrane

Sepp D. Kohlwein kohlwein at fscm1.dnet.tu-graz.ac.at
Fri Aug 18 08:17:06 EST 1995

Hi there,
I am looking for a program (Mac ??) that allows to determine the packing
of (phospho)lipid molecules in a membrane. In particular, I would like
to get an idea of how fatty acid chain length may affect the packing of
lipids, interdigitation of the two membrane leaflets or membrane
curvature. I have heard about the programs "nanovision" and "bilayer
builder", but was not able to find out where to get them. Any
suggestions ?
Many thanks in advance,

Sepp D. Kohlwein

Sepp D. Kohlwein, PhD
Genetics and Molecular Biology Group
Department of Biochemistry and Food Chemistry
Technical University Graz                   phone:  ++43 (316) 873-6456
Petersgasse 12                                 fax:  ++43 (316) 810-599
A 8010 Graz, Austria           e-mail kohlwein at fscm1.dnet.tu-graz.ac.at