Character recognition program

Mike Mitchell mike at bison.lif.icnet.uk
Tue Aug 22 04:08:50 EST 1995

In article <thanh.97.303777C4 at wwg3.uovs.ac.za>, thanh at wwg3.uovs.ac.za wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone know if there is any shareware which could
> convert image files (of texts) to text file.  I need
> the program for scanning some books.

There are two packages that I am aware of. TextBridge by Xerox (Mac and
Windoze versions) and Omni-Page by Caere (Mac version and possibly one
for Windoze). TextBridge is cheaper (about $99 as opposed to over $400),
however Omni-Page is supposed to be more versatile.

We use TextBridge to process documents that have been scanned in as PICT
or TIFF with, so far, very good results.

Hope this helps.

--
Michael Mitchell                       "Smoke me a kipper,
User Support                       I'll be back for breakfast."