stereo glasses

Jeroen Coppieters jecop at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Aug 23 05:07:30 EST 1995

Laura Walsh (lwalsh at aries.scs.uiuc.edu) wrote:
: I am actually looking for hardware:  I need the (inexpensive)
: glasses that cant be worn to look at stereo images.  I do not
: need the red/green type of glasses or the expensive schemes that
: depend on polarization of the glasses or flickering of the screen,
: but rather the type of glasses you can wear to look at the black
: and white stereograms that often appear in magazines.
If you can look cross-eyed, you do not need any device to do this.
Hold the pictures about 20-30 cm from your eyes, each eye sees 2 pictures
(total 4 pictures)
Now turn cross-eyed until the middle 2 pictures overlap. There you have
your 3D

Jeroen
: Thanks.
: Laura
: --
: Laura Lynn Walsh, School of Chemical Sciences Computer Center,
: Box 66-1, 153 Noyes Lab, 505 South Mathews Ave.,
: University of Illinois, Urbana, IL  61801-3364
: lwalsh at aries.scs.uiuc.edu       (217) 333-1728

         . O .                               Jeroen Coppieters
     . O O o   O .                            Software Support
   O O O O *o    O O          Jeroen.Coppieters at embl-ebi.ac.uk
  O O O O(   *o  )O O                     (or jecop at ebi.ac.uk)
  )O O O O   o*  O O(                         ++44 1223 494422
  O O O O( o*    )O O
  )O O O O  *o   O O(                      EMBL Outstation EBI
  O O O O(   *o  )O O      (European Bioinformatics Institute)
  )O @ O O   o*  O O(                             Hinxton Hall
    O O O( o*   )O('                                   Hinxton
     ` O(   *o O  '                         Cambridge CB10 1RQ
         ` O '                                              UK
http://www.ebi.ac.uk