A motif searching program availalbe

Lemieux Sebastien lemieuse at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Sat Aug 26 07:16:50 EST 1995

ping at bnlux1.bnl.gov (Shiping Zhang) writes:

>A motif searching program is available at the www site

>http://genome1.bio.bnl.gov/bbq.html

>It can search GenBank, Swiss-prot or your own DNA/protein sequences
>for motifs defined in Prosite or defined by yourself.  You can
>also retrieve entries from Prosite.

Would it be possible to get an algorithm to find motifs without
explicitly defining them?  This could be very interesting and really
helpful [especially in the context of homology 3d modelling].

--
  http://alize.ere.umontreal.ca/~lemieuse/