amino acid alignments

rag55 at rag55 at
Wed Aug 30 13:50:33 EST 1995

    Hi.  The Registry file produced by the database I work at, Chemical Abstracts Service, allows you to do family searches for various types (basic, aromatic, etc.) of hydrophobic/hydrophilic amino acids.  You can search our database of 331,000 polypeptide sequences (all the sequences in GenBank/EMBL/DDBJ plus many patent, modified, synthetic, obscure journal sequences not found in other databases).  We're not a "free" database, but the science librarian at your university should know if you already have
an STN/CAS account at your school.  Well, I hope this helps.  Good luck!

Roger Granet                                 Phone: (614) 447-3600, ext. 2346
Associate Scientific Information Analyst     Internet: rgranet at
Biochemistry Department
Chemical Abstracts Service
P.O. box 3012
Columbus, OH 43210

The views given here are mine only and do not necessarily represent those of
anyone else, Chemical Abstracts Service, or the American Chemical Society.