Is anyone else having problems with GDE and MacX?

Jonathan Badger badger at phylo.life.uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 30 11:12:09 EST 1995

Recently our lab started using Steve Smith's GDE alignment editor. While it
seems to run fine on the Sun's monitor, we are having problems running it
under MacX (version 1.2) on our Centris 650 (running system 7.1). In
particular, the "find" feature sometimes doesn't color the matching regions
when running under MacX, but never when running on the Sun's monitor.

BTW, in general, do people have a good impression of MacX, or are other
X Terminal programs better?