plant roots

bochet at bochet at
Thu Aug 31 16:33:48 EST 1995

In article <423ln2$cv at surz03.HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE>, Peter Frenzel
             <frenzel at> writes:
>We want to quantify (lenght, diameter, surface area ...) root systems of
>plants. A possible procedure would be to produce a bitmap (by scanning or any
>other method) as the input for a program that performs the necessary
>calculations. Is there any shareware/freeware on the net?
> Thank you, Peter

Perhaps you should look at programms used for quantifying such features
in the dendritic trees of neurons.
          Pascal  Bochet     | internet: bochet at
  Institut Alfred Fessard    |
              CNRS           | TEL:      33 1 69 82 34 40
  91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex | FAX:      33 1 69 82 43 43
             France          |