NIH Image problem

Anderas Becker becker at ps1515.chemie.uni-marburg.de
Fri Dec 1 09:16:45 EST 1995

In article <49imhn$o6a at flood.weeg.uiowa.edu>, Scott Moye-Rowley <moyerowl at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu> says:

>Dear NIH Image users:
>
>                I am trying to use this program to analyze levels of protein from a
>scanned image of an autoradiogram.  After opening the image in NIH
>image, I use the rectangular selection tool to select the left most band
>(the first lane).  Then the mark first lane command is issued.  A copy
>of the image appears but only of the first lane (of a total of 6 lanes)
>with the desired band selected.

Did you mark the first band in the original image and the next ones in the
copy using the key mark next lane?

>2.  If not, is this a memory problem?

In that case an window would appear that tells you that your undo buffer is to small.

If you have horizontal lanes you can use my autoexecutable macro. You find it on my www site.
You only have to mark all lanes, start autoexecute, then you are ask how many lanes are inside the selected area.
The rest will be done for you.

Andreas
Andreas Becker
Arbeitskreis Prof. Kadenbach, FB Chemie/Biochemie, Hans-
Meerwein-Strasse, Philipps-Universitaet, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Phone: privat +49 6421 47304  Labor +49 6421 28 -5721 Fax -2191
eMail: BECKER at ps1515.Chemie.Uni-Marburg.De
WWW  : http://www.chemie.uni-marburg.de/~becker