gfp imaging

schmid aloisia a-schmi at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 4 17:50:36 EST 1995

I am currently using GFP-expressing flies and am looking at embryonic develop-
ment.  i am working under high power magnification on an inverted microscope
and want to set up a video system where I can look at these embryos and acquire
images that show the GFP with good resolution.  i am finding that I am having
trouble resolving the expression on video images at the single cell level.  I
was wondering if anyone had good advice on what kind of video system to set up
for this purpose and especially what kind of imaging software to get.  what
are the pros and cons of the various packages you have used?

Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.....

						alice Schmid