Compiling Molscript using g77 under Linux

Joachim Meyer meyer at bio6.chemie.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Dec 6 11:03:57 EST 1995

In article <49mdst$2pv at cisun2000.unil.ch>, Victor Jongeneel <vjongene at eliot.unil.ch> writes:

|> Greetings!
|>
|> I am trying to compile Per Kraulis' Molscript program to run under Linux.
|> I have compiled and installed the latest version (0.5.17) of g77, the GNU
|> FORTRAN compiler.  All seems well, except for the system-specific calls
|> contained in forlib/system.f and forlib/system.inc  I don't have a clue
|> as to the the parameters to pass to a Linux system.
|>
|> Anyone tried this before?  Anyone got Molscript running in a Linux box?
|> Code from the abovementioned files available on request.
|>
|> Help with this will earn my eternal gratitude, plus a voucher for
|> all-you-can-eat pizza on your next visit to Lausanne!
|>
|> Victor J.

Hi Victor,

"all-you-can-eat pizza" is really a persuasive argument.

Molscript and Raster3D are running on my Linux box;
I have used the f2c/gcc combination and observed similar problems
with system.f (versions for different OSs tried ...).
Finally I commented out all unused routines in system.f and modified
the .c file (exit_ replaced by exit), if I recall the details correctly.

Hope this helps,
Joachim.

* Joachim Meyer	 	meyer at bio5.chemie.uni-freiburg.de	*
*			FAX: +49/761/5987			*
*	Abt. Prof. G.E.Schulz					*
*	Institut f"ur Organische Chemie und Biochemie		*
*	Albertstr. 21, D-79104 Freiburg i.Br., Germany		*