X window server

Bill Pearson wrp at avery.med.Virginia.EDU
Thu Dec 7 10:25:01 EST 1995

In article <cottmann-0112951902020001 at ephys.zmnh.uni-hamburg.de>,
Tobias Cottmann <cottmann at mailhost.zmnh.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
>In article <Andy.Law-2911951623440001 at pc0734.ri.bbsrc.ac.uk>,
>Andy.Law at bbsrc.ac.uk (Andy Law) wrote:
>> In article <fitz-2911950859050001 at carlf-mac.cbl.cees.edu>,
>> fitz at cbl.cees.edu (Carl Fitz) wrote:
>>  >  I'm looking for a new X Window server for the Macintosh.  We currently use
>[...]
>> Version 1.2 [of MacX] works acceptably well in my experience.
>
>It doesn't run on PowerMacs though. In our Lab anyway

MacX1.5 works fine on PCI Power Macs.  MacX1.2 runs fine on non-PCI
Power Macs (in emulation mode).  I learned recently that there is a
very simple patch to MacX1.2 (requires ResEdit) that corrects a
configuration bug that will allow MacX1.2 to run on a PCI PowerMac.
(I will try to find the reference to this fix.)

I have been very happy with MacX1.2, and now MacX1.5, on my PowerMac.

Bill Pearson

--
wrp at virginia.EDU
Dept. of Biochemistry #440