graphics software help!

Lars Barup Sorensen geoflbs at aau.dk
Sun Dec 10 14:15:27 EST 1995

In article <4a0dfr$qv5$1 at mhadg.production.compuserve.com>,
   Louise Lapierre <74267.2135 at CompuServe.COM> wrote:
>Could you please help me find an adequate software package for
>making scientific graphs.  I need something that will make
>publication quality multiple graphs with numerous species density
>classes on an axes of distance in a river.  I would also need a
>graphing tool to make box plots on an distance scale on a river,
>as well as error bars on linear graph.  The program would also
>require some drawing possibilities to be able to make
>inscriptions of towns and effluent from industries.
>If you know of any software that can do this without to much
>tampering, please reply.
>I have used Freelance, Harvard Graphic and Sigma plot, all for
>DOS.  Do the windows versions work better?

I would recommend Grapher from Golden software, they make both dos and
windows versions. It should be possibly to get a demo from the following
address : ftp.golden.com

-Lars

Lars Barup Sorensen         phone (home)   : +45 86129950
Department of Earth Science phone (office) : +45 89424327
Laboratory of Geophysics    fax            : +45 86101003
University of Aarhus        E-mail    : geoflbs at aau.dk
Denmark                     WWW       : http://www.geofysik.aau.dk/~lbs
Brooke's Law:
        Whenever a system becomes completely defined, some damn fool
discovers something which either abolishes the system or expands it
beyond recognition.