Yellow Pages Directory Software

Dan Cohen dancohen at hooked.net
Mon Dec 11 19:15:38 EST 1995

After having attended the Yellow Pages Publisher's Association annual
conference in San Francisco, I can tell you that on-line YP are a hot topic
these days. However, most organizations are scared of the potential impact on
their core business (i.e. YP advertising) and paper books.

Most of the Baby Bell YP Publishers are either on-line or working towards it
(NYNEX probably the most advanced). However, I have seen nothing in my
research about White Pages directories going on line, and no cooperation
between the gigantic Baby Bells and the independants.

For more information about the state of the Yellow Pages electronic industry,
contact John Kelsey of the Kelsey group (for 20k per annum) or much cheaper,
ZedTech Inc. (zedinfo at dnai.com).