True-Basic Information Needed

Duncan Clark Duncan at
Thu Dec 14 07:00:25 EST 1995

In article: <4anacr$64a at>  demeler at (Borries Demeler) writes:

> True Basic is a product I could endorse whole-heartedly. I am currently
> beta-testing the Windows compiler that produces 32-bit code with the MS 32
> bit extensions. The first glance I had tells me that it is plenty fast. It
> is strutured, much like pascal and very easy to program. It can handle any
> type of file for input, including any image file format, if loaded as type
> "byte", though you may have to write the subroutine for viewing various
> formats of images yourself.

Maybe I'll update my existing programs when it comes out. I agree that it is
very easy to learn and it's string handling is excellent. For my RE work
I can search roughly 120kb total (eight different phage and plasmid sequences)
for the location and size of fragments of any type of recognition sequence known,
all in under 5 seconds including reading in the phage sequences from disk and
writing the result! Plenty fast enough.