Need suggestions for sequence retrieval

Andy Law Andy.Law at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Dec 19 06:13:02 EST 1995

Hi All,

I've just written a program to make viewing the output of the BLAST
program much easier (MacBOB; it'll be freeware and released soon).
Basically, it scans the output file and lists the hits in a panel at the
top of a window. One hit is highlighted in this panel at a time. As the
user moves the selection around in the top panel, the corresponding
alignment information (if present in the file) is displayed in the lower
panel.

I would like to add the capability for downloading the sequence of
interest directly to the desktop. Has anyone got any suggestions as to how
to do that. I thought about driving Netscape to pull the sequence from an
SRS server, but the syntax of the URL will obviously differ from location
to location. Is there a standard way that I can do this, or will I have to
put a dirty hack in to cover as many options as possible.

TIA for your help,

Season's Greetings,

Andy Law