Need suggestions for sequence retrieval

BIOCHEMISTRY.COM jquinn at shellx.best.com
Tue Dec 19 10:02:13 EST 1995

Another way is to drive the online version of Entrez (Nentrez) to pull
the sequence out (I think that there  is a script somewhere to do this).
I think also that there is a blast output parser somewhere on the ncbi
ftp site written for the html version which does this.

Andy Law (Andy.Law at bbsrc.ac.uk) wrote:
: Hi All,

: I've just written a program to make viewing the output of the BLAST
: program much easier (MacBOB; it'll be freeware and released soon).
: Basically, it scans the output file and lists the hits in a panel at the
: top of a window. One hit is highlighted in this panel at a time. As the
: user moves the selection around in the top panel, the corresponding
: alignment information (if present in the file) is displayed in the lower
: panel.

: I would like to add the capability for downloading the sequence of
: interest directly to the desktop. Has anyone got any suggestions as to how
: to do that. I thought about driving Netscape to pull the sequence from an
: SRS server, but the syntax of the URL will obviously differ from location
: to location. Is there a standard way that I can do this, or will I have to
: put a dirty hack in to cover as many options as possible.

: TIA for your help,

: Season's Greetings,

: Andy Law
: ( Andy.Law at bbsrc.ac.uk )