Compiling Molscript under Linux

Dave Love d.love at dl.ac.uk
Thu Dec 21 05:45:42 EST 1995

>>>>> In article <4a6sf9$41m at cisun2000.unil.ch>, vjongene at eliot.unil.ch (Victor Jongeneel) writes:

 Victor> (i) the EQUIVALENCE statement is not recognized by g77,

g77 certainly supports standard uses of EQUIVALENCE.  If it has a bug
in this case that isn't already recorded we'd like to know about it to
be able to fix it (fortran at gnu.ai.mit.edu or via me).  I've seen
several posts implying a g77 bug but have no evidence one exists -- I
don;t have access to this version of the code.

 Victor> It seems that in some versions of Linux (not 1.2.13, which I
 Victor> use), the exit procedure also has some problems, which could
 Victor> be potentially more serious (no clean program abort on
 Victor> erroneous input).

That's hard to understand unless you're using the posted code.  It's
wrong; please don't propagate it.  It doesn't obey the f2c calling or
i/o library conventions.  The calling conventions are described in the
document in the f2c distribution.  Use the current libf2c anyway.

 Victor> They can also be, more elegantly, turned into dummy
 Victor> subroutines that generate fixed values.

This seems the obvious solution for uncalled routines.

If anyone actually needs etime for f2c I can post it.