SGI port of GDE wanted

Jerry Learn learn at
Fri Dec 29 18:47:35 EST 1995

In article <4c0qjh$6bd at>,
krasel at (Cornelius Krasel) wrote:

>Michele Clamp (michele at wrote:
>> Does anyone have or know the whereabouts of an SG version of GDE?
>> I've been trying to access for a few days now but can
>> only manage a 'Connection refused' reply.
>> We're running IRIX5.3 and would prefer version 2.2.
>From the GCG "Transcript" (GCG newsletter) I learned that the next version
>of GCG will include GDE. Announced for fall 96, if I remember correctly.

Yes, I too am looking forward to the inclusion of gde within the GCG
package.  It is what I was hoping WPI to be.  But to get back to original
posting, it appears that you can reach the ftp site via
ftp.  The following is from the Gilbert Lab - Bioinformatics page

  "GDE can still be found on our FTP site ( (Note:
   FTP access is currently unavailable; please use the URL instead)."

Other sites are suggested there and the Megagopher/megasun/MegaSequencing
site <> mentioned earlier by Don Gilbert
is among them but alas it doesn't appear to have the SGI binaries.
Jerry Learn

Research Associate

Dept. of Microbiology             | Learn at
University of Washington          | Phone: (206) 616-4286
Box 357740                        |   FAX: (206) 616-1575
Seattle, WA  98195-7740  USA      |     or (206) 543-8297