FACS/H-P -floppy-> Mac/PC driver?

David R. Johnson johnson at biomed.med.yale.edu
Sat Dec 30 13:28:56 EST 1995

Dear Netters,
   We have a flow cytometer that works very well (Becton-Dickenson
FACSort) connected to a Hewlett-Packard Computer that runs an
ancient OS and doesn't work very well.  For example, only 80 files
can fit on a floppy, regardless of how small they are (1 parameter
analysis of 2000 cells is only a few Kb).
   B-D sells a Mac system for the FACS, but it costs a bundle
($20k).
   Does anyone have (or know of) a floppy driver that works on a DOS
machine (Windows 3.1) or, preferably, a Mac?  This would allow
importation of FACS data into Excel, etc., and would stop the
proliferation of H-P formatted floppies around the lab.

thanks in advance (also for any corrections if my understanding of
the solution is flawed!)
-Dave