Software allowing IBM to read Mac disks

Lawrence P. Casson lpcasson at
Mon Feb 6 09:04:23 EST 1995

In article <3gur5j$p4g at>,
James P. Gray <jp at> wrote:
>Does anyone know of a good and preferably cheap program which allows
>an IBM type machine running under the DOS/Windows environment to read
>Mac formatted floppies?

There is a program called mac-ette which can be found at a number of DOS
archive sites. (Try
It works only for DOS and doesn't work in a DOS window as far as I
recall, but has no file size or time limits.  It saves your choice of
data or resource forks, and understands Mac subdirectories.  The file
renaming scheme is a bit odd, as it doesn't give you a choice of
filename extensions, but try it.  I don't recall its shareware status or
if there is a registered version that is more friendly.