Commercial Sequence Alignment--for Windows?

Reno Pontarollo pontreno at
Thu Feb 9 18:17:36 EST 1995

Dylan Bulseco (bulsecod at wrote:

: Any suggestions for a good commercial DNA Sequence analysis software package
: for windows...MUST include some type of sequence alignment protocol (and
: handle more than 2 sequences), import databases (both sequences and
: restriction enzymes), conduct restriction digests, and manage sequencing
: projects.

: If you have any suggestions for commercial packages that you have tried and
: can recommend (or possibly warn me to stay away from!) please let me know!

I use MACAW for protein alignments and it works great because it looks
for structurally conserved regions and alignments.  It also aligns DNA
sequences, but I've never used it for this.