[Q] Is there a mailing list for phylip

Joe Felsenstein joe at evolution.genetics.washington.edu
Thu Jan 5 15:50:19 EST 1995

In article <3egl4r$mta at mira.sara.nl> a337hoff at horus.sara.nl (Maurice van den
Hoff) writes:
>I am a user of the phylip program. I am looking for a mailinglist
>of users of this program, who want to share the encountered problems
>and how you and we should solve them.

The primary method is to e-mail me and I try to help you with the problem.
I do quite a lot of that and it is helpful to me to hear what problems
people have with the programs.

For discussion with a wider audience I would suggest either this newsgroup
(bionet.software) or the molecular-evolution group bionet.molbio.evolution.

In the long run there will probably be a newsgroup for each major package
and in the medium run probably one called something like
bionet.software.phylogeny, but the level of traffic is not high enough yet.

 Internet:         joe at genetics.washington.edu     (IP No.