pdb->dxf, anything else?

Alan Hewat hewat at ill.fr
Fri Jan 6 02:55:07 EST 1995

morgan at mercury.interpath.net (Morgan Ryan) writes:

> I'm trying to find a utility that will convert pdb files into dxf 3d
> files. Conversion to _any_ 3d format would be OK, since there are a
> zillion anyhing->anything converters out there. I just can't find one
> that gets me off first base--the pdb file. Thanks, Morgan Ryan

I have almost finished an application (xtal-3d) that reads a number
of crystallographic formats including pdb and produces 3D Inventor files.
There is a free dxf to Inventor file transformer (dxf2iv) available from
sgi.com, but not iv2dxf so far as I know.

xtal-3d will display the Inventor files as 3D objects that can be rotated
and zoomed in real time on any system that has an Inventor viewer (at
present only Silicon Graphics, but soon Windows-NT and other systems).

If you are interested in knowing more about xtal-3d, send me an email.

Alan Hewat, ILL Grenoble, FRANCE (hewat at ill.fr) Fax (33) 76.48.39.06