GCG/SRS

Jeroen Coppieters jecop at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jan 6 09:10:57 EST 1995

risler at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr wrote:
: Hello netters,
[...]
: In a recent weekly update of the EBI databank appeared the sequences of
: yeast chromosome II and a long E. coli contig, both of them having more
: than 350,000 bp. As you know, GCG will split them into 2 parts.

: Now, the second part of the GCG formatted files contains NO accession
: number. When SRS builds its indices from the GCG files, it is confused by
: the absence of AC (at least that's what I understand) and it crashes.
: Very very ennoying...

As far as I can see from the SRS code, the AC line is required. Not an
easy way round. (But I could be wrong :-) )

: Have you any idea? Can somebody help me? I'm somewhat reluctant to simply
: remove these sequences from the flat file, which in any case could be only
: a very temporary fix...

An easier way would be to add a dummy accession line to these sequences.
We could ask in bionet.software.gcg if the reformatting of GCG could be
altered to add this AC line.

: Thank you

: Jean-Loup

: Jean-Loup Risler                     Tel:  (33 1) 69 82 31 34
: CNRS                                 Fax:  (33 1) 69 07 49 73
: Centre de Genetique Moleculaire	     Email: risler at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr
: 91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex  France
Jeroen

         . O .                               Jeroen Coppieters
     . O O o   O .                            Software Support
   O O O O *o    O O               Jeroen.Coppieters at ebi.ac.uk
  O O O O(   *o  )O O                         ++44 1223 494422
  )O O O O   o*  O O(
  O O O O( o*    )O O
  )O O O O  *o   O O(                      EMBL Outstation EBI
  O O O O(   *o  )O O      (European Bioinformatics Institute)
  )O @ O O   o*  O O(                             Hinxton Hall
    O O O( o*   )O('                                   Hinxton
     ` O(   *o O  '                         Cambridge CB10 1RQ
         ` O '                                              UK
http://www.ebi.ac.uk