cDNA extraction

risler at risler at
Sun Jan 8 17:09:32 EST 1995

R. Doelz writes:

>SRS can extract CDS from entire sequende databases and combine, map, filter
>with whatever database or database query you want (currently, > 50 databases.
>Check out for reference).

Reinhardt, this is quite true! However: is SRS able to use the JOIN
Last time I used it for this purpose, SRS extracted correctly all the CDS
but created one entry for each CDS.
As I understand it, the problem here is to JOIN all the exons of one given
gene into one single sequence ("cDNA"). Hence my previous answer about

If SRS can do this, I would be VERY interested to learn the trick!

Jean-Loup Risler                     Tel:  (33 1) 69 82 31 34
CNRS                                 Fax:  (33 1) 69 07 49 73
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire	     Email: risler at
91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex  France