Scatchard Analysis Software

Peter Gegenheimer peterg at
Mon Jan 9 18:18:35 EST 1995

In <bulsecod.87.2F0E6EA4 at>, bulsecod at (Dylan Bulseco) writes:
>In article <3ehenh$fbr at> Chris Beecher <cab at> writes:
>>From: Chris Beecher <cab at>
>>Subject: Scatchard Analysis Software
>>Date: 5 Jan 1995 18:45:05 GMT
>>I am looking for  PC or Mac software that can do a Scatchard analysis for
>>at least one-site ligand binding experiments.

>For shareware type packages, 'Techplot' (I think that is what it is called) is
>still floating around out there (perhaps on a SIMTEL site).  This appears to
>be a pre-release of PSI Plot (or the name was changed or something).  I used
>it for awhile, and it seemed to work ok, but had a few minor problems.
>Anyway...look for a package with non-linear curve fitting, with both built in
>equations, and the ability to enter your own.

Yes, Tech-Plot was the original name for what is now PSI-Plot. PSI-PLot is
substantially improved over Tech-plot. PSI-Plot ver. 3 is $50 US (call Poly
Software International, Salt Lake CIty UT, 801-485-0466). A Windows version is
in the works. ALso, SigmaPlot for WIndows ( more $) works quite smoothly.

|  Peter Gegenheimer            |  pgegen at             |
|  Departments of Biochemistry  |  voice: 913-864-3939                   |
|    and of Botany              |                                        |
|  University of Kansas         |  FAX  : 913-864-5321                   |
|  2045 Haworth Hall            | "The sleep of reason produces          |
|  Lawrence  KS  66045-2106     |  monsters."              Goya          |