MacVector vs DNASIS vs ?

Christoph Gartmann GARTMANN at IMMUNBIO.MPG.DE
Mon Jan 23 13:24:34 EST 1995

In <9501201544.AA19111 at siumed.edu> clawyer at SIUMED.EDU writes:

> The sequence information being generated by the genome
> project cannot be fully utilized for improving human health unless much
> better user friendly and readily accessible (non-VAX requiring) programs
> are developed.

Why are you that sure that a VAX (or do you mean VMS, OpenVMS, Ultrix?) is
a synonym for user unfriendliness? It is simply a matter of the programs.
I've found nasty programs on Macs, PCs, Suns, IBM-Mainframes,...

Regards,
   Christoph Gartmann

| Max-Planck-Institut fuer      Phone   : +49-761-5108-465   Fax: -221       |
| Immunbiologie                 PSI     : PSI%(0262)45050160374::GARTMANN    |
| Postfach 1169                 Internet: gartmann at immunbio.mpg.de           |
| D-79011  Freiburg, FRG                                                     |
+----------- Do you know MENUE, the user environment for OpenVMS? -----------+