Scanner for mac?

Bo Servenius bo.servenius at
Wed Jan 25 16:17:00 EST 1995

Dear BioNetters:

I am considering buying a scanner to create illustrations for my website.
The scanner I am considering is the UMAX PowerLook with Photoshop and
cover for films. I know it seems to be overkill for createing webpictures
I would like to use it also for my science. Applications I can foresee is
scanning Autoradiograms to be able to measure areas and intensiteies.
I have a recollection about a program from NIH that could take such
files and do calculations on them. But what is the name of the program
where can I find it? Will it work on a Mac 840AV or PowerMAc?

Do you have any experience of using such an office scanner for these
Any suggestinons about hardware or software needed would be highly