3D-proteine structure according to available DNA-sequence

Trevor Creamer trevor at grserv.med.jhu.edu
Mon Jan 30 12:58:10 EST 1995

phil at xtreme1.mskcc.org (Phil Jeffrey) wrote:

> In article <D31CzC.DEL at rockyd.rockefeller.edu> sali at tamika.rockefeller.edu (Andrej Sali) writes:
>
> >   In article <1995Jan26.200503.27941 at alw.nih.gov> johnk at spasm.niddk.nih.gov
> >   (John Kuszewski) writes:
> >   >
> >   > Once and for all:
> >   >
> >   > The folding problem isn't solved!
> >   >

> I've heard claims that modeling could approach the resolution of crystal
> structures for many, many years. I have yet to see anyone live up to that
> claim.

Of course some optimistic theoreticians seem to think the folding problem will
be solved by the end of this decade (see Rose and Creamer, Proteins 19(1), 1-3
(1994)). Whatever would possess someone to make such a claim ? :-) :-) :-)

Cheers,
        Trevor

 Trevor P. Creamer                          Dept. of Biophysics
 Email  - trevor at giovanni.med.jhu.edu          & Biophysical Chemistry
 Phone  - (410) 614 3972                    Johns Hopkins University
 Fax    - (410) 614 3971                       School of Medicine
                                            Baltimore, MD 21205
                                            U.S.A.