Request info on Fast Fourier Transform (FFT)

Mike Mitchell mike at bison.lif.icnet.uk
Tue Jan 31 10:55:58 EST 1995

I have recently come across the use of FFT to analyse the periodic
distribution of charge and apolar amino acids in proteins. The paper
does not explain how it was done!! They omly cite a paper from JMB
in 1976 ..

McLachlan and Stewart, JMB, vol 103, pages 217-???, 1976

Has anybody done this sort of analysis before? If so, how did you do
it, what sort of software did you use, and is there a ftp site where
copies could be obtained?

Thanx in advance for your help.
*Michael Mitchell             *"All I know about babies is that you *
*User Support                 * are not supposed to put them into   *
*Molecular Biology Software   * washing machines. Makes the colours *
*Imperial Cancer Research Fund* run, presumably."                   *
*+44 (0)71 269 3115           * Tom Holt - Here Comes The Sun - 1994*