ncbi server at nih.gov down?

Andy Law Big Nose Andy.Law at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Jul 5 12:20:38 EST 1995

In article <fsl.3.2FFAB52C at psu.edu>, fsl at psu.edu (Daniel Cosgrove) wrote:

  > RE:
  > >Since 6/29/95 approx 10pm I have not been able to get responses from the
  > >BLAST server.  Is this a separate problem, or another aspect of the
  > >"transatlantic" problem?  Are other users in US having the same problem? Is
  > >there an alternative way of accessing BLAST?
  > >Gregory M. Acland
  >

  > I too have been waiting for a reply from the BLAST server at
  > blast at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, for 2 days.  Anyone know what is going on, and is
  > there an alternative server??

I don't know about the rest of the folks that were having problems, but I
can now get at the BLAST servers again from here in the UK. The problem
seemed to be fixed sometime over the weekend. I've just pinged cruncher to
make sure it is still there and I got responses.
--
Andy Law

( Andy.Law @ bbsrc.ac.uk )
( Big Nose in Edinburgh )